Duration: 4 days
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: $2,500 / person
Location: ATR Cincinnati Training Facility – 11857 Kemper Springs Drive, Forest Park, OH 45240
Learn programming for Emerson-GE PACSystems, 90/70, 90/30, and VersaMax controllers in this Machine Edition class featuring the PACSystems RX3i Controller. This class covers programming techniques and the advanced features of the PACSystems Controller using Logic Developer PLC Machine Edition software. Starting with the controller software architecture, students are taught how to effectively develop control applications using building block concepts. The class builds upon Object-Oriented concepts with PACSystems User-Defined Function Blocks (UDFBs), as well as the development of application components using Ladder Diagram (LD) and Function Block Diagram (FBD) programming languages.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who are or will be involved in the development, modification, and troubleshooting of control systems using Emerson Proficy Logic Developer PLC and PACSystems Controllers.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should be comfortable operating in a Microsoft Windows environment and have a basic understanding of electrical/control fundamentals.
- Describe Control System Architecture & Operational Fundamentals
- Operate Emerson Proficy Machine Edition
- Establish and Utilize Communications to the Controller
- Configure a Controller and its associated hardware modules
- Effectively use and create Controller Variables
- Create Projects in Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), and Structured Text (ST)
- Understand and program Arithmetic, Timer, Counter, and Move operations
- Utilize programming guidelines for developing robust control applications
- Use User Defined Function Blocks (UDFBs) to build structured applications
- Effectively use the Machine Edition Tool chest as a repository for Application Building Blocks
- Create, Monitor, and Modify running Controller applications