Duration: 3 days
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
The Historian course is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of the features and functionality of Historian Server for System Platform and InTouch tag-based applications, as well as the Historian Client suite of tools. This course provides lectures and hands-on labs to supply and reinforce the knowledge necessary to use AVEVA Historian Server. The class will demonstrate how to use Historian Server for SCADA and factory data from both Application Server and InTouch tag-based applications. This includes how to configure, historize, and retrieve data using multiple retrieval modes, local and remote summarization, replication, event monitoring, and other features.
Who should attend?
- Application developers and engineers
- System integrators
- Any individual who needs to historize, analyze, or maintain data from AVEVA applications
- Any individual who uses AVEVA Historian data for assessment and reporting within production or administrative environments
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of an InTouch or Application Server course
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Some knowledge of Transact-SQL is helpful
- Historize data from Application Server
- Historize InTouch and I/O server data points
- Distinguish between multiple retrieval modes
- Retrieve data using time-domain extensions
- Configure Historian Server tags for local summarization
- Use a Tier-2 Historian for replication and summarization
- Import, update, and insert history data
- Create and configure events
- Manage and maintain historical data
- Retrieve Historian data with the help of Historian Client
- Use the data in its appropriate context, including historical and real-time trend manipulation, and production-related reporting within Microsoft Excel and Word