Length: 3 days
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: $1,900 / person
The Emerson PACSystems Controller Maintenance using PAC Machine Edition course provides the student with the skills necessary to troubleshoot and repair faults in Emerson programmable logic controllers (90-30, 90-70, VersaMax, RX7i and RX3i). The class is taught using Logic Developer PLC software, which is part of the Machine Edition family of products. The focus is on interpreting existing ladder logic programs for troubleshooting purposes. Students are also taught how to use the troubleshooting tools within the software to determine where faults have occurred and how to correct them.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for anyone who will be troubleshooting Emerson PLC control systems using Proficy Logic Developer PLC software. It is designed for electrical technicians, electricians, and/or engineers beginning to work with Logic Developer PLC, who will be tasked with modifying and maintaining PLC programs and hardware.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should be comfortable operating in a Microsoft Windows environment. Participants should have a basic understanding of electrical/control fundamentals.
- Define the function of each hardware component of Emerson PLC systems
- Describe the Machine Edition software environment
- Configure and establish communication to the Emerson PLC hardware
- Configure Emerson PLC hardware using Logic Developer PLC software
- Define the instruction set(s) for Emerson PLCs
- Modify existing ladder logic in Emerson PLCs
- Interpret existing ladder logic for troubleshooting purposes
- Research hardware and software information in Infolink
- Access and interpret controller and I/O fault tables
- Use troubleshooting tools within Logic Developer PLC software