Duration: 5 days
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
The System Platform Combo class provides a fundamental understanding of the features and functionality of both InTouch for System Platform and Application Server. This course provides lectures and hands-on labs to supply and reinforce the knowledge necessary to build both a managed InTouch HMI and the ArchestrA data objects to drive the HMI using the ArchestrA tools and services in the System Platform environment.
The class will demonstrate how to use Application Server to utilize the ArchestrA technology to connect to field devices, process data, run scripts, handle alarms, and historize alarms and events. This is achieved using features and functionality such as Automation Objects, templates, instances, the ArchestrA Integrated Development Environment (IDE), and the QuickScript .NET scripting engine.
This course also provides a fundamental understanding of Galaxy maintenance, real-time alarm recording and security settings, and how to setup redundancy.
Students will learn how to use InTouch to be the ‘front-end’ of their SCADA system while Application Server is providing the ‘back-end’, or data side of the system.
This class will take pieces from each book (Application Server, and InTouch for System Platform). It is not intended to be a replacement for each of those classes. It is intended for those who have some experience in each product and would like to tie both together in a single week. The pace will be quick.
Who should attend?
- Application developers
- System integrators
- Other individuals who use Application Server in their manufacturing processes
Are there any prerequisites?
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows
- Manufacturing industry experience (recommended)
- Create and deploy new applications using ArchestrA IDE
- Model the plant floor using automation objects
- Acquire data from field devices
- Work with alarm and history configuration in a Galaxy
- Define the security model for a Galaxy
- Configure application-level and device integration redundancy