AVEVA Predictive Analytics
AVEVA (formerly PRiSM) Predictive Analytics solution helps organizations achieve the highest return on investments.
By supporting predictive maintenance (PdM) programs, AVEVA Predictive Analytics solution provides early warning notification and diagnoses of equipment issues early on. This helps asset-intensive organizations reduce equipment downtime, increase reliability, and improve performance.
More information is available about the health and performance of your equipment than ever before. Meanwhile, sensors are communicating ever increasing amounts of data in real time. Predictive Analytics gives users the ability to quickly transform raw data into actionable insights, prevent equipment failure, and make smart decisions that improve operations. Equipment agnostic, Predictive Analytics can be configured to monitor assets regardless of equipment type, vendor, or asset age, without the need for manufacturer specific asset information.
Advantages to using Predictive Analytics include…
- Reduce unscheduled downtime
- Prevent equipment failures
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Increase asset utilization
- Extend equipment life
- Identify underperforming assets
- Improve safety
Key features for AVEVA Predictive Analytics include…
- Server – The software contains a server-based application that collects data from plant historians, predicts the signal values, and archives the results. It also detects anomalies, creates alerts, and sends notifications.
- Desktop client – The Predictive Analytics Client is a desktop-based application used to develop, train, validate, and deploy equipment models and alert notifications. It’s equipped with templates and a database of known assets and conditions that streamline the model-building process, making it simple for users to create and maintain their own models. The intuitive, graphically driven process allows models to be built in minutes rather than days or weeks and does not require any programming or detailed equipment knowledge.
- Web access – Predictive Analytics Web is the web-based application used to manage alerts, quickly retain models, and analyze and chart model results. It organizes alert information in a hierarchical structure, allowing users to identify systems that are in an abnormal state and then view the individual components of the alert for further analysis.
- Alerts and notifications – Users can set alert thresholds to communicate when the deviation between actual values and predicted values exceeds allowed limits. Alerts can be managed in a variety of ways including by category, level, criticality, duration, and frequency. Each alert event is also directly linked to a graphical trend for that asset that shows the event data, threshold limits, and times when the values are in alarm. Relevant users and groups can be notified in real time if an asset is in alert status through Predictive Analytics’s customizable email notification capabilities.
- Data analysis – Predictive Analytics includes a variety of advanced statistical and model-based comparison applications and business intelligence tools that enable users to spend less time searching for potential Users are able to view the raw training data, results of the model, compare the performance of similar assets of the same type, and view the effects of alerts. The statistical applications interpret the data using visual representations so that data scientists and equipment experts are not required to interpret the results. Predictive Analytics is equipped with fault diagnostics capabilities to help the user determine the cause of the identified abnormality and how to avoid it in the future. Diagnostic ability reduces the likelihood that an engineer will attribute abnormal operating conditions to the wrong variable.
- Transient module – The Predictive Analytics Transient Module provides the ability for online monitoring of abnormal conditions during a transient, such as startups and It is also able to automatically identify previous transient events from the historian, which is useful for comparisons.
- Calculation engine – The software includes an advanced calculation engine that provides the ability to develop simple and complex calculations to create pseudo or ‘virtual’ points. The results of these calculations can be used in Predictive Analytics models, allowing for greater system The calculations can automatically back-calculate, making historical data available for the monitoring period before the current calculation was created.
- Security – Predictive Analytics software integrates with existing enterprise security systems. The system supports single sign on authentication, and administrators can limit user access rights and editing privileges at a granular level.
- Monitoring and diagnostic services – AVEVA offers comprehensive monitoring and diagnostic services remotely or on-site. They can train you to deploy, maintain and monitor your own models, or can do the monitoring for you. Their team of experienced engineers can assist you with every step of the process from model training, to diagnostics, to best practices.