AVEVA Edge (formerly InTouch HMI) is a highly scalable, flexible software that provides the tools for everything from advanced HMI/SCADA applications to small-footprint embedded applications.
AVEVA Edge offers everything required to connect to almost any PLC or controller, create remote HMI applications (for web, Smartphone, or tablet), and develop for a variety of operating systems. The rich feature set enables users to create intuitive, secure, and highly maintainable HMI/SCADA applications for any industry.
- Studio – An integrated development environment that allows users to design applications once and deploy them on almost any platform
- SCADA – Full Windows based runtime offering all the tools you need for advanced SCADA applications
- HMI – The small footprint makes AVEVA Edge ideal for embedded systems (such as Windows Embedded) and edge machines
- Compact HMI – Designed especially for Windows CE operating systems
- IoT View – Designed for Linux devices and enables edge computing on even small devices such as Raspberry Pi
SCADA/HMI that scales
AVEVA Edge offers an unparalleled scalability for any project, whether robust SCADA for multiple sites, or a way to visualize data from low-end edge and embedded devices. AVEVA Edge offers licenses based on tag counts, or an unlimited license for tags and thin clients.
The platform agnostic development environment allows you to create projects for all supported versions of Windows, Windows Embedded, Windows CE, Linux, and VxWorks. The HTML5 based Studio Mobile Access client also allows easy web publishing for read/write access to your application on the web, smartphones, or tablets.
OEMs, machine builders, and end users can convert autonomous standalone machines by integrating and exposing machine data seamlessly into the supervisory HMI and historical archive systems, providing a broader understanding of the entire operation. No longer isolated, these scattered devices become integral to the overall automation system, even across multiple locations.
Rich feature set
- Develop once and deploy anywhere – The integrated development environment makes it easy to design an application once and deploy it to Servers, PCs, embedded machines, IoT edge devices, the web, smartphones, and tablets.
- Interoperability – With over 250 native communication drivers, OPC Client/ Server support, and driver APIs, it’s possible to take advantage of best-in-breed hardware. Connect to most PLCs, controllers, robotics, or other devices with native
- Mobility and remote capabilities – Publish applications to the web with Studio Mobile Access (HTML5), and view and interact with applications on laptop browsers, smartphones, or tablets.
- Out-of-the-box IIoT – Deploy applications to mall-footprint Linux or Windows Embedded devices with IoT View and Embedded View, and share machine-based data across interconnected devices, or to the cloud.
Have a question?
You can reach out to one of our experts anytime for more information on our products, services, technical support, and training.